Notice of the 73rd AGM
News submitted by: S.J.. Cox | Date added: 28/03/2014
The 73rd Annual General Meeting of the British Society of Rheology will be held at the Lake Vyrnwy Hotel, Powys, Wales on Tuesday 15th April 2014 at 5.15pm.
The draft minutes of the 72nd Annual General Meeting are available on the BSR website
Members are reminded that, under rule 7(b), the business of the meeting
- Election of Officers and Council members.
- Receipt of a report and accounts from Council.
- Dealing with matters raised by Council or by any other member and receiving suggestions from members for consideration by Council.
Council proposes the following motion for consideration by the AGM.
Resolution: Following the decline in subscriptions to Rheology Abstracts and a majority of support from members through a survey by email, it was announced in Vol 54 No 3 2013 of the Rheology Bulletin that Rheology Abstracts would no longer be published. The post of Abstracts Editor is therefore no longer required. Council proposes to replace this with an officer responsible for the society's website and electronic communication with members. This entails the following changes to the constitution:
- 5(a): replace "Editor (Abstracts)" with "Editor (Web)"
- 8(h): replace "The Editor (Abstracts) shall be responsible for the preparation and circulation of the Society's publication entitled Rheology Abstracts" with "The Editor (Web) shall be responsible for the preparation and posting of material to the Society's website and other online forums"
Council's nominations for Officers and Council members are therefore:
- President: Prof. P.R. Williams
- Hon. Secretary: Prof. S.J. Cox
- Hon. Treasurer: Mr S. Goodyer
- Membership Secretary: Dr M. Charalambides
- Bulletin Editor: Dr R. Poole
- Web Editor: Mr P. Hodder
Ordinary members of Council:
- Dr B. Dobraszczyk
- Dr S. Fielding
- Dr N.E. Hudson
- Prof. T.N. Phillips
- Dr M. Tassieri
- Dr R. Watson
Note that council proposes that Steve Goodyer serve an exceptional fifth year
in the absence of any nominations for Honorary Treasurer.
Further nominations for Council or for any of the Offices are invited. Nominations should be sent to the Secretary or made at the meeting (rule 5(b)). Nominees must be members of the Society, must confirm in writing that they are willing to stand and must be proposed and seconded by two members of the Society. The Hon. Secretary would be pleased to receive notice of any matter that any member wishes to raise at the AGM.
Members who cannot attend the AGM are invited to make nominations or approve Council\'s nominations by email or post to the Honorary Secretary:
Prof. S.J. Cox
Department of Mathematics and Physics
Aberystwyth SY23 3BZ