Non-Newtonian Club: 19 April
News submitted by: H.J.. Wilson | Date added: 19/04/2016
is the theme of the next Non-Newtonian Club, to be held at Imperial College London on 19th April 2016.
The venue is Room 207, Level 2 of the Skempton Building, South Kensington Campus, London SW7 2BX. Please contact Maria Charalambides or Steve Goodyer if you are planning to attend.
- 10:15-10.45 Registration & Refreshments
- 10:45-10:50 Welcome & introduction to
- 10:50–11:20 Prof David Heyes (Imperial College):
Molecular Dynamics computer
simulations of confined liquid film
- 11:20- 11:50 Mr Steve Goodyer (Anton Paar):
Understanding Errors in Rotational
- 11:50-12:20 Prof Malcolm Mackley (Cambridge):
Fast Filament Stretching of Stuff
- 12:20-13:05 Lunch
- 13:05 -13:30 Dr Joanna Li-Mayer (Imperial):
micromechanical modeling of a highly
filled hyper-viscoelastic polymeric
- 13:30-13:55 Mr Andre Zamith Cardoso (Liverpool): Phase transitions in low molecular
weight peptide-based surfactants/hydrogels
- 13:55-14:20 Dr Andreas S. Poulos (Imperial):
Orthogonal superposition rheometry of model colloidal glasses
- 14:20-14:50 Prof. A Russell Davies (Cardiff): Derivative Spectroscopy and the Continuous Relaxation Spectrum
- 14:50-15:20 Dr Manlio Tassieri (Glasgow): i-Rheo: Measuring the materials' linear viscoelastic properties 'in a step'!
- 15:20-16:00 BSR AGM
- 16:00-16:45 Prof. Geoffrey Maitland (Imperial): The intriguing world of clay-inorganic nanoparticle suspensions: practical opportunities and theoretical challenges.